I am a passionate human rights, animal liberation, and sustainable development activist, specialising in media, communications, campaigning, and community organising, across the humanitarian sector. I recently completed a Bachelor of Global Studies and a Bachelor of Arts (Sociology/Philosophy) and am pursuing postgraduate study in 2019.
Media & Communications
I have experience across the media and communications field for non-profits in the humanitarian sector. My areas of expertise include social and regional media, digital campaigning, and digital media (video production and podcasting.) I also specialise in writing for print and online media sources about human rights and sustainable development, tips and tricks in campaigning for non-profits, advice for activists, and sharing my ideas with a global audience.
Amnesty International QLD/NNSW
Media and Communications team leader for Amnesty QLD/NNSW branch, overseeing a team of volunteers, to lead the communications team to achieve KPI’s identified in Amnesty QLD/NNSW’s regional plan.
- Maintaining and developing regional social media platforms according to the regional strategy
- Promoting Amnesty QLD/NNSW’s presence and activism in the media
- Aid in training actions groups and activists in skills relevant to social media and traditional media
- Training team members and identifying training opportunities for team members.
I also created and co-host Amnesty International Australia’s Podcast Activist Connect
Campaigning & Organising
As a passionate human rights, animal liberation, and sustainable development activist, I have years of both volunteer and paid experience in campaigning and community organising- mobilising supporters of organisations to engage in campaigns, organising and managing projects like events and actions, developing campaign tactics to achieve broader campaign strategy goals, and developing and running media and fundraising campaigns.
Oxfam Change Initiative Youth Leader
Graduate of the 2018 Change Initiative, a Youth Leadership program with Oxfam Australia. The program includes training in campaigning and community organising, focusing on:
- Campaign Strategy
- Tactics and Community Organising
- Campaign Project Management (Events and Actions)
- Values, Framing and Messaging,
- Leadership and Team-Building,
- Conversations for Change
- Digital Campaigning
Since completing the Change Initiative program I have remained involved with Oxfam QLD as an organiser and activist working on Oxfam’s What She Make’s Campaign
Leader – Girl Guides Australia
- Junior Leader from 2011- 2014, and qualified adult Unit Leader from 2014-2016, facilitating weekly unit meetings, organising activities, camps, and other events for youth aged 5-17
- Commencing as a Resource Leader in 2018, where my role will be to develop resources/programs and provide assistance for youth members and leaders across the organisation as an expert on World Guiding, advocacy, and Sustainable Development
- I achieved my Queens Guide Award in 2014, the peak achievement within the organisation. My major project for my Queens Guide Award was centred around the United Nation’s Millennium Development Goals, and involved teaching children about the MDGs in a non-formal education format, and leading an advocacy and fundraising campaign across the district for UNICEF.
If your business or organisation is looking for an expert on creating content to engage supporters, or developing and managing successful campaigns and other projects across the humanitarian sector, get in touch to discuss collaborating with me as a freelancer.